Reaction Post -- Nosedive

Photo Credit: Valeria Dibrova
The photo shows the last 5 minutes of the episode Nosedive of Black Mirror.
Played from Ipad

This photo is licensed by Valeria Dibrova under  Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

The whole hour while watching the episode I felt uncomfortable and a little depressed but it was such a relief to watch these glorious last three minutes when characters started to argue, speak from their hearts even if it was a bad and rude conversation. And it was clear that they felt that way, the way of reassurance, of speaking badly to each other and it was even more obvious that I was feeling the relief - the balance of life, choices, atmosphere, shown in the episode, was completely destroyed. 
It was my first episode of this TV Show, and probably a lot of episodes have this grotesque reality in there, however, this particular episode reminded me of the importance of keeping the balance.
From the very beginning, I was scared about the fact that we are reaching this kind of reality sooner than we think. It was extremely realistic because of all these "good guys wear white" atmosphere in the episode slightly reminded me of the "clean" and "authentic" influencer's content on Instagram. Or this guy who was helping Leslie to "reach her audience" - isn't that a PR person in the future? Or when Leslie was planning to rent the new fancy apartment - I assume today these real estate people will look through the social media of a client as well. 
However, even if we think that it will be our future, we are probably wrong about one thing. In our age of emerging social justice and equal society, people won't let systems like that operate freely. It will be the perfect tool for the total control in the hands of the government, and by the end of the day  it will make a totalitarian social utopia. I want to believe that it won't happen but we can only guess. Yet I hope the freedom of the speech will be still alive and people will stand for their rights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

License Images 2

Public Relations Chapter

Lecture Presentation Activity